Tourism Research and Development Consultancy
The Consultancy is the foundation on which GTS is built. The consultancy division has been in operation since inception of the company. This division is responsible for churning out high quality academic research in order to address industrial and business strategy, development of national, regional and international tourism policy.
This vibrant division is under the tutorship of the Managing Director, Mrs Rosemary Mukogo who brings with her over 26 years of tourism development experience. She has served in various high level posts in both the public and private sector in Zimbabwe. She has also travelled extensively and has a wealth of experience arising out of her international exposure.
Key Projects Undertaken
- NEPAD – lead consultancy in study on Tourism sector in Africa which included tourism, baseline study and drawing up the tourism action plan.
- Southern Africa development Community (SADC) – RETOSA – Regional study on bottlenecks to regional tourism growth and development in Southern Africa and Strategies for establishment of a free trade in the tourism services in SADC region.
- Zimbabwe Tourism Authority – Domestic Tourism Market Research – Study on Strategies for the development and promotion of domestic tourism in Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe Council for Tourism- Policy strengthening of Zimbabwe Council for Tourism.
- Business Council of Zimbabwe- Strategies for the indigenization of the tourism sector.